Monday, April 5, 2010

New + History



I've made new pieces!


Ok, only four...but still...there's new goodies to see.


Springtime is 'occasion' season. Graduations, weddings, communions/confirmations and of course there are most certainly birthdays to be had!


I never make the same piece twice. I may make similar pieces in different color combinations, but the actual piece that you get from me is the only one that I've made.


Take the earrings above. I may make a similar pair using a Swarovski crystal drop or a stone bead, but the ones above will be the only pair using ivory freshwater pearls that I do.


Doing this for 10+ years, it gets hard sometimes to make sure duplicates aren't done. That's another reason for photographing everything. Having a record really helps me from thinking I've been 'inspired' to realizing that I've copied my own work. lol


There is of course an exception to the 'one of a kind' rule--that is: bridesmaids.


I've done wedding jewelry before and hope to more in the future. If a bride wants to order uniform pieces for her bridesmaids, I will certainly accomodate.


The only other time (and the last time I do this) that I've duplicated a piece was when someone noticed this necklace I created:
I love this piece.
Problem is, it was an 'accidental' piece! An experiment that just happened to go right.
Then someone emailed me and asked if I could make another one. It was almost a year later and I had forgotten how I had done the first one. (Again, I was playing around the first time--oops!) The second one took quite a while, wasted a lot of silver and because I had promised it at the price that the first one sold for, I lost out in the long run.
So I went back to my original plan of creating only one of a kind pieces.
I've gone on longer in this post than I have in quite some time...I shall now end this one. Just thought I'd give you all a little history into my creative process.
Thanks for visiting!
Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Lovely piece!
    I made some earrings once and sold them, relisted and sold them again....only to realize I didn't make the 2nd pair. Spent 3 hours that night trying to figure out how to reproduce them again! Very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete